RazorPageAttribute is Obsolete RRS feed

• Question

• User2012297617 posted

I got a project that builds fine with no errors. However, I’m trying to resolve the warning errors. Here’s an example of one of the errors:

CS0618 - RazorPageAttribute is obsolete: This attribute has been superseded by RazorCompiledItem and will not be used by the runtime.

The error is related to the following line of code:

[assembly: Global::Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.RazorPages.Infrastructure.RazorPageAttribute(@”/Pages/About.cshtml”, typeof(MyProject.Pages.Pages_About), null)]

I tried removing the packages with version 2.2.0.  For example, Microsoft.AspNetCore(2.2.0), but no luck. Also, the Frameworks in the project are the following:
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.App
    Microsoft.NETCore.App

Is there any way to change the Assembly:Global listed above to something else?  Any recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Saturday, May 22, 2021 11:58 PM

Answers

• User-474980206 posted

You must have some unsupported nuget or project references in you upgraded project. Show your project file.

also did you do a clean first?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 23, 2021 3:54 PM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted

You must have some unsupported nuget or project references in you upgraded project. Show your project file.

also did you do a clean first?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 23, 2021 3:54 PM
  • User2012297617 posted

Yes, I did some cleanup, restored some of the nuget packages, I suppressed some of the errors in the project properties.  I got it down to 0 warnings. I will continue testing the project. I'll open a new question if I need additional help  Thank you!

Sunday, May 23, 2021 4:56 PM