Push message to HTTP endpoint from Service Bus RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to push message to HTTP endpoint from Service Bus?

My scenario is I'm publishing messages to Service Bus from Azure Application (WCF/Web Site). I wanted to push messages to NodeJS Server as a endpoint which accept POST/GET HTTP requests. 

Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:32 PM

Answers

• When working with messaging systems like Service Bus the sender (your WCF/WebSite) is decoupled from receiver (in your case Node Server). That means, you are not expletively pushing the message to the receiver.

The sender will send the message to SB and receiver will poll it. Your node server will have to implement listening for messages which will be in this case received via HTTP/REST.
    That means, there is no some URL where the message will be posted by SB (inbound from receiver's point of view). The way how the message is delivered to receiver depends on protocol. But in every case receiver will initiate an outbound connection to SB.

Damir Dobric
    developers.de
    daenet.de
    daenet.eu
    daenet.com

• Proposed as answer by Ruppert Koch Monday, December 2, 2013 11:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ruppert Koch Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:59 PM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 6:30 PM

All replies

• When working with messaging systems like Service Bus the sender (your WCF/WebSite) is decoupled from receiver (in your case Node Server). That means, you are not expletively pushing the message to the receiver.

The sender will send the message to SB and receiver will poll it. Your node server will have to implement listening for messages which will be in this case received via HTTP/REST.
    That means, there is no some URL where the message will be posted by SB (inbound from receiver's point of view). The way how the message is delivered to receiver depends on protocol. But in every case receiver will initiate an outbound connection to SB.

Damir Dobric
    developers.de
    daenet.de
    daenet.eu
    daenet.com

• Proposed as answer by Ruppert Koch Monday, December 2, 2013 11:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ruppert Koch Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:59 PM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 6:30 PM
  • Look to the Azure Notification Hub. It is the push service.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalk Development Architecture

Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:00 PM
  • Hi there

I don't believe that at the moment there's a built in mechanism in Azure you could use.

You would need to deploy a worker role that would pick up the messages from the queue and perform the HTTP calls.

Hopefully BizTalk Services would add support for Service Bus sources at some point which would address scenarios like this.

Yossi Dahan - http://yossidahan.wordpress.com - [To help others please mark replies as answers if you found them helpful]

Sunday, December 1, 2013 9:25 AM