Disabling (read-only) a submitted form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I have developed a form using InfoPath Designer 2013 for use a SharePoint 2013.  Once the form has been submitted the user should be able to open the form and view it, however all of the controls will then need to be read-only or disabled.  Other than either creating a formatting rule (to disable each control) for each control (of which there are many - i.e. 50+) or creating a duplicate view but with read-only controls (a maintenance issue), is there simply a means of disabling/making read-only a complete form or a section?

Thanks,

Darren

Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As you have more than 50 field controls in the submitted form, so the better way I suggest is that you can create a new read only view, it will be easier to maintance.

Here is a detailed article for your reference:

Quick Tip: Making InfoPath form fields read-only

Thanks

Best Regards 

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, June 28, 2015 1:44 PM

All replies

• I have just created a separate read-only view, having copied and pasted the whole form and this solves my problem.  Probably not the maintenance issue that I though there would be as it simply requires a Select All Copy and Paste, so pretty quick and straightforward to maintain the read-only view.

Of course, if there is a way to programmatically change an existing view to read-only then I would still be interested as that would probably be a neater solution.

Thanks,

Darren

Friday, June 19, 2015 12:14 AM
  • Hi,

As you have more than 50 field controls in the submitted form, so the better way I suggest is that you can create a new read only view, it will be easier to maintance.

Here is a detailed article for your reference:

Quick Tip: Making InfoPath form fields read-only

Thanks

Best Regards 

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, June 28, 2015 1:44 PM