none
Need to understand about Exchange Server 2013 Development Concept. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

This discussion is regarding MS Exchange 2013 Development:

Why Microsoft is introduced Exchange 2013 with concept of Exchange 2003 or 2000. Like Front End and Back End Concept. If Microsoft again want to follow same concept, then why they was introduced roles in Exchange in 2K7 and 2K10 and divide all features (MB, HUB, CAS & Edge).

As per my understanding 2K7 and 2K10 dividing features into multiple roles are good and very well for understanding concept of Exchange server. It was good for troubleshooting purpose also.

Now I am not able to understand concept of development of Exchange 2013. It is like “Histories are always repeats” of concept.

Anybody can help me to understand the development of Exchange 2013 concept.

Deepak Kotian.

MCP, MCTS, MCITP Exchange 2010 Ent. Administrator

Monday, January 6, 2014 9:11 AM

All replies

• I am also having same confusion.

DD6

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:43 AM
  • Hi Guys,

Actually, there are several reasons, explained in some detail here.

What it comes down to, however are the following main points:

• Branching out in 2007 and 2010 was not a feature, it was a necessary evil, dictated by the circumstances of the time (especially high CPU requirements while CPU were an expensive, limiting factor)
    • Simple architecture, high scalability
    • Version Upgrade flexibility

Besides, while you only have one Client Access Server role, by controlling network flow, you can still separate load on individual functions to different servers. If you really want to mess with that.

Cheers,
    Fred

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 11:08 AM
  • Hi,

I am able to understand Microsoft development ideas but I still have lots of confusion about development and provided the name of task. Anyways I will try to find the solution of my confusion.

Thank you very much for your valuable support.

Deepak Kotian.

MCP, MCTS, MCITP Exchange 2010 Ent. Administrator

Friday, January 10, 2014 6:26 AM