URL routing , ARE ROUTES SAVED IN BROWSER COOKIE ????????? RRS feed

• Question

• User1654853431 posted

hello....I am using url routing 4.0 and I am having a serious problem , there are like 26 pages in my application and they all have routes for their selves ( routes doesnt match at all ) but 10 of these are routes are always refering to the error page !! I dont know why , I removed the application from iis and it's still having the same problem !!! ....I decided to remove the error page route ( my routes are saved in xml ) , and still the application is saving the error route somewhere , then ! when i cleared the browser cache , it didnt find the route !! so are url routing routes saved in a cookie in the browser or what ??? and from where i can see the actual routes of my system ??

Friday, October 21, 2011 5:07 PM

Answers

• User-610330605 posted

does this mean that the response for a link was cached?? how could this happen?!? if i go to bing.com , can the browser show me a cached version instead of the current version ?

Of course it does. Depending on various stuff for example the expiration information provided via the HTTP Expires response header. Check out the link below to learn how to control/prevent caching in IE.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234067

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:19 PM

All replies

• User-610330605 posted

so are url routing routes saved in a cookie in the browser or what ???

Routes are not saved in a cookie in the browser.

Browser cache and cookie are different. When you clear the browser cache the cookies don't get cleared. When the browser cache is cleared the browser won't be able to display cached version of your request from the browser cache. It will attempt to retrieve the current version from the server.

Friday, October 21, 2011 6:34 PM
  • User1654853431 posted

when I cleared cookies routes got cleared...I feel they are saved somehow in cookies or something related to routing is saved in cookies

Friday, October 21, 2011 7:24 PM
  • User-610330605 posted

when I cleared cookies routes got cleared...I feel they are saved somehow in cookies or something related to routing is saved in cookies

No. As I mentioned in my previous post you must have have cleared the browser cache and then the browser must have sent a new request to server instead of displaying the response it had in it's cache.

A route is a URL pattern that is mapped to a handler. The handler can be a physical file, such as an .aspx file in a Web Forms application. A handler can also be a class that processes the request, such as a controller in an MVC application. To define a route, you create an instance of the Route class by specifying the URL pattern, the handler, and optionally a name for the route.

You add the route to the application by adding the Route object to the static Routes property of the RouteTable class. The Routes property is a RouteCollection object that stores all the routes for the application.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc668201.aspx#routes

Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:33 AM
  • User1654853431 posted

instead of displaying the response it had in it's cache.

does this mean that the response for a link was cached?? how could this happen?!? if i go to bing.com , can the browser show me a cached version instead of the current version ?

Saturday, October 22, 2011 12:09 PM
  • User-610330605 posted

Of course it does. Depending on various stuff for example the expiration information provided via the HTTP Expires response header. Check out the link below to learn how to control/prevent caching in IE.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234067

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:19 PM