Auction sample RRS feed

• Question

• VS 2008 SP1 German, Axum latest download, Windows XP SP 3.

The Auction sample does work with setting "both". If separated into client and server - both running in different console windows - the whole thing stucks. The client is just tracing "starting client #" (or so) and the server stops after the timeout with $0.0.

Regards

neil
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:16 PM

Answers

• I was able to reproduce this (helps to not have looked at this sample for a while:

1. First, make sure to replace the DefaultHost and DefaultCommunicationProvider calls with TcpHost and TcpCommProvider calls (commented in the code)

2. Second, there's something wrong with the protocol filter code that requires that we don't use filters in remote scenarios (how did we not find this one?). As a workaround, open Channels.ax and modify the 'Bidding' state in the protocol of ClientAgentChannel:

Bidding: {
            Offer -> HasOffered; //$ (value > 0) -> HasOffered;
            AuctionOver | AuctionConcluded -> End;
    }

With those changes, it works for me.

Niklas

Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hmm, it's been working for me. I'll try it again with a fresh install of Axum and see what might be going on.

Niklas
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:43 PM
  • I was able to reproduce this (helps to not have looked at this sample for a while:

1. First, make sure to replace the DefaultHost and DefaultCommunicationProvider calls with TcpHost and TcpCommProvider calls (commented in the code)

2. Second, there's something wrong with the protocol filter code that requires that we don't use filters in remote scenarios (how did we not find this one?). As a workaround, open Channels.ax and modify the 'Bidding' state in the protocol of ClientAgentChannel:

Bidding: {
            Offer -> HasOffered; //$ (value > 0) -> HasOffered;
            AuctionOver | AuctionConcluded -> End;
    }

With those changes, it works for me.

Niklas

Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:25 PM
  • Unfortunately I cannot get this sample to work as a client and server. The client just falls straight through and the server doesnt even time out.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 6:16 PM