package wcf service inside metro app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

My app suppose to create PDF document, since there is no api to create PDF in metro , I am using PDF sharp .net Library. 

Where i created a WCF service to create PDF. My app will call WCF service to Create PDF. 

Please let me know is there any way I can package my WCF service within app package so that WCF service will be installed during app install it self on a same machine.

Regard's

Gopala.

Monday, September 2, 2013 5:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Gopikris,

Metro can only be used as client appliction, but not server application, so basically you cannot do that at any windows store app. Instead, you can create a desktop application to host a service. 

But Windows Store App runs as a sandbox, you cannot manage any file in your system, so probably the answer for your question is: NO.

More thread for simliar discussion: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/43df6c8f-f1e3-4aba-af0a-7c4e1db477b6/selfhosted-wcf-servicein-a-metrostyle-app

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 2, 2013 7:43 AM