none
office365 api RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I want to develop a office plug in to route the all the mail to send mail server (smart host) before delivering to destination.

connector is not helping me because connector can not route the office365 users mail within the same organization.

I want to route each and every mail to our send mail server before delivering it to destination.

is it possible to doing do using some office365 API.

Thanks

Rajbhan 

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajbhan,

As far as I know, the client (e.g. outlook) based on the sender (e.g. @microsoft.com) to send the mail to server, then server deliver mail to destination.

What’s send mail server mean? Is it a default mail server (e.g. exchange) or another server?

When do you want to route mail? Before mail send to server or before server send mail to destination? I don’t think Office 365 API could do that.

On the other hand, this forum is used to discuss the issues/questions of app for office, for Office 365 issue, you could post it to office 365 forum.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 6:44 AM
  • Hi Starain 

Thanks for the reply.

following the use case i have :

for example :  my organization name is xyz and it have the office 365 account.

there are two use user1office365@xyz.com and   user2office365@xyz.com , both are users have the account on office365.

when user1office365 send mail to  user2office365@xyz.com  then this mail i can not route to our send mail server.

i want to route this mail to our send mail server because before sending to destination , i want to scan this mail and i have integrated our dlp solution with our send server.

in other words i want to monitor the mail which exchanged on office 365 office to apply our dlp policies. 

thanks

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:52 AM
  • I have already put this question on office 365 forum and then they suggested me to post the problem here.

office 365 has the connector which can be used to route the mail but it can not used to route the mail within the office 365.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:55 AM
  • Hi Rajbhan,

Do you send the mail in outlook client? If so, you could build a VSTO add-in to capture the ItemSend event to send/save the mail to your mail server.

If you send the mail online, as far as I know, there isn’t the Office 365 API could route the mail to other mail server. Also I think it is also a security issue, because user’s mail could not let other know.

Since you have the mail server, I think you could have your own domain, so users have the different mail address with that domain.  

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:51 AM
  • thanks !

we dont want to know mail but want to check if mail contain any information which it supposed to not contain.

we want to enforce the policies of the organization on the content of the mail.

we want to scan the mail from both outlook client and web.

routing is the option , our main objective to prevent the data loss so we want to check the content. 

Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:57 AM
  • let me know how we can achieve that on office 365.
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:58 AM
  • Hi Rajbhan,

As I said that as far as I know there isn’t the office 365 could route the mail to other mail server.

>> let me know how we can achieve that on office 365.

Do you mean how to configure it in office 365 (admin/setting) to achieve that? If you are using Microsoft Office 365 online, I don’t think you could do that.

Regards

Starain

Friday, January 29, 2016 1:41 AM
  • thanks for information.

is there is anything available on office 365 similar to MAPI , which we can implement on events like onSendMail?

whole idea is to scan the mail before sending , we want to know how we can achieve it.

i understand routing is not possible.

there is some api on office 365 which give us the event and hooking that even.

for eaxmaple

when user click send mail we get the notification of send mail and perform the scan .

it like the extending the sendmail functionality to scan the mail.

we want achieve this on web base office 365 mail.

for out look client we have implemented using MAPI.  

thanks

Rajbhan 

Friday, January 29, 2016 5:23 AM
  • Hi Rajbhan,

There isn’t the API in app for office that could capture the event like onSendMail.

This forum is used to discuss the issues/questions related of app for office, If you want to know the API of Office 365, you may post it to this forum.

Regards

Starain

Monday, February 1, 2016 2:38 AM