none
Test Signing driver package process failing VS2015 Windows 10 IoT Core RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on native drivers for the Windows 10 IoT core, and I'm facing a major issue when trying to sign the driver package. I have generated a test certificate, and select it in my project "code signing" configuration and when VS2015 is generating the package, it is using this certificate to sign the sys and cat friles but for an obscure reason it is using a Windows Phone certificate to sign the package, and this fails.

1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: signtool.exe sign /v /s my /i "Windows Phone Intermediate 2013" /n "Windows Phone OEM Test Cert 2013 (TEST ONLY)" /fd SHA256 "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\a523eqvy.sgo\kehuuyr1.51c_content.cat"
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: The following certificate was selected:
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Issued to: Windows Phone OEM Test Cert 2013 (TEST ONLY)
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Issued by: Windows Phone Intermediate 2013 (TEST ONLY)
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Expires: Mon Apr 09
    23:17:24 2018
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: SHA1 hash: 27CC4E1323C08A5BA2A62DC7F154C8AF017C488F
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Done Adding Additional Store
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Number of files successfully Signed: 0
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Number of warnings: 0
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Number of errors: 1
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: signtool.exe : fatal error : Signing failed on "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\a523eqvy.sgo\kehuuyr1.51c_content.cat"
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Sign.Cmd RC=1
    1>fatal error PKG : fatal error : Failed to create catalog file for package Adeneo.gpiokmdfdemo.Package
    1>fatal error PKG : fatal error : Package.pkg.xml: Failed to sign package integrity catalog file
    1>fatal error PKG : fatal error : Failed to sign package integrity catalog file

Do you know if the package have to be signed with the Windows Phone certificate instead of my test certificate ?

Is this a bug in VS2015 ?

Monday, August 31, 2015 6:28 AM

All replies

• I'm working on native drivers for the Windows 10 IoT core, and I'm facing a major issue when trying to sign the driver package. I have generated a test certificate, and select it in my project "code signing" configuration and when VS2015 is generating the package, it is using this certificate to sign the sys and cat friles but for an obscure reason it is using a Windows Phone certificate to sign the package, and this fails.

1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: signtool.exe sign /v /s my /i "Windows Phone Intermediate 2013" /n "Windows Phone OEM Test Cert 2013 (TEST ONLY)" /fd SHA256 "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\a523eqvy.sgo\kehuuyr1.51c_content.cat"
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: The following certificate was selected:
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Issued to: Windows Phone OEM Test Cert 2013 (TEST ONLY)
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Issued by: Windows Phone Intermediate 2013 (TEST ONLY)
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Expires: Mon Apr 09
    23:17:24 2018
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: SHA1 hash: 27CC4E1323C08A5BA2A62DC7F154C8AF017C488F
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Done Adding Additional Store
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Number of files successfully Signed: 0
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Number of warnings: 0
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Number of errors: 1
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: signtool.exe : fatal error : Signing failed on "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\a523eqvy.sgo\kehuuyr1.51c_content.cat"
    1>PKGGEN : fatal error PKG: Sign.Cmd RC=1
    1>fatal error PKG : fatal error : Failed to create catalog file for package Adeneo.gpiokmdfdemo.Package
    1>fatal error PKG : fatal error : Package.pkg.xml: Failed to sign package integrity catalog file
    1>fatal error PKG : fatal error : Failed to sign package integrity catalog file

Do you know if the package have to be signed with the Windows Phone certificate instead of my test certificate ?

Is this a bug in VS2015 ?

I have met the same problem with you. Have you resolved this problem? Thanks very much!
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 3:07 AM
  • I have resolved this by the following commands(ps: these commands can be found in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/learn-about-hardware/DriverDeployment):

• cd c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\bin\i386
    • set WPDKContentRoot=c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
    • InstallOEMCerts.cmd

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:41 AM