Deploy from a custom template - Dialog Fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When I try to open the Dialog "New->Custom->Template Deployment" the following message appears:  DeployFromTemplatePart HubsExtension and a rainy cloud appears. This is from the admin and the user portal.

Where can I find the cause and how can I fix it?

Update: I managed it to find the error in the Application Log of the AzS-WAS01-Server:

Event code: 3005

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

Event time: 11/14/2017 5:44:08 PM

Event time (UTC): 11/14/2017 4:44:08 PM

Event ID: 23a45ef6a047490f870f80f3d29b41e4

Event sequence: 313

Event occurrence: 303

Event detail code: 0

Application information:

Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2641170151/ROOT-1-131551422344331170

Trust level: Full

Application Virtual Path: /

Application Path: C:\inetpub\AzureStack-HubsExtension\

Machine name: AZS-WAS01

Process information:

Process ID: 2672

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: IIS APPPOOL\AzureStack-HubsExtension

Exception information:

Exception type: HttpRequestException

Exception message: Response status code does not indicate success: 503 (Service Unavailable).

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Microsoft.Portal.Security.AzureActiveDirectory.IdentitiyFederationMetadataSource.<GetMetadata>d__5.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Microsoft.Portal.Security.AzureActiveDirectory.JwtValidater.<RefreshValidationParameters>d__11.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Portal.Security.AzureActiveDirectory.JwtValidater.<GetCachedValidationParameters>d__10.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Portal.Security.AzureActiveDirectory.JwtValidater.<ValidateToken>d__7.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Portal.Security.AzureActiveDirectory.JwtAuthModule.<AuthenticateRequestAsync>d__16.MoveNext()

Request information:

Request URL: https://adminportal.local.azurestack.external:13001/api/ClientTrace?cacheability=2&region=localhost&cacheVersion=0&defaultCloudName=defaultCloud&extensionName=HubsExtension&traceStr=&pageVersion=5.0.1302.8424-842672742259161341173476638852818.170919-1847-578186569320544146296073785&l=en.en-us&trustedAuthority=adminportal.local.azurestack.external

Request path: /api/ClientTrace

User host address: 192.168.200.65

User: 

Is authenticated: False

Authentication Type: 

Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\AzureStack-HubsExtension

Thread information:

Thread ID: 27

Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\AzureStack-HubsExtension

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace:    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at Microsoft.Portal.Security.AzureActiveDirectory.IdentitiyFederationMetadataSource.<GetMetadata>d__5.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Portal.Security.AzureActiveDirectory.JwtValidater.<RefreshValidationParameters>d__11.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Portal.Security.AzureActiveDirectory.JwtValidater.<GetCachedValidationParameters>d__10.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Portal.Security.AzureActiveDirectory.JwtValidater.<ValidateToken>d__7.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Portal.Security.AzureActiveDirectory.JwtAuthModule.<AuthenticateRequestAsync>d__16.MoveNext()

Custom event details:

Kind regards
    Andre

• Edited by André Hirter Tuesday, November 14, 2017 4:46 PM Added exception
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Andre,

A couple of Questions:

What version of the ASDK are you running? It should be 2017.1020.1

To check run:

Get-Content "C:\CloudDeployment\Configuration\Version\version.xml"

What version of AzureRM and Azure PowerShell are you running? It should be 1.2.11

To check run:

Get-Module -name Azure*

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:22 PM
  • Hi Gary

Thanks for the answer.

First I tried on another fresh installed machine and I get the same result in trying to open the Template Deployment Dialog. On this machine I just executed the deployment and the steps from the page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-powershell-configure-quickstart

Finally the results on your questions:
    <Version>1.0.171020.1</Version>

Script     1.2.11     AzureRM                                     
    Script     0.11.1     AzureRM.AzureStackAdmin                                                   
    Script     0.3.0      AzureRM.BootStrapper                                                                           
    Script     3.4.1      AzureRM.Profile                                                    
    Script     0.0        AzureStack.Connect

Could it be that I'm missing some important configuration?

Thanks
    Andre

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:15 AM
  • Hello Andre,

As a test, can you try running the same deployment "New->Custom->Template Deployment" from

the User Portal https://portal.local.azurestack.external/

instead of

the Admin Portal https://adminportal.local.azurestack.external/

and let us know your results.

If it fails again, we’ll need to collect some logs to determine to root cause and provide a fix or workaround.

If you could, please email ascustfeedback@microsoft.com to get a workspace setup to upload your logs.

Make sure to use a Work, Organizational or Student address when contacting ascustfeedback@microsoft.com and please include the thread URL in the subject.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with the ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:51 PM
  • Hello Gary

On the portal.local.azurestack.external the request to activate the Template Deployment runs very long before the rainy cloud appears. I analyzed the requests fired by the GUI with the Browser Tools and I see there is a Runtime Error while calling the following url: https://portal.local.azurestack.external:13001/api/tenants/List

I'll send an email now to analyze this further.

Which logs are needed?

Thanks
    Andre

Friday, November 17, 2017 8:25 AM
  • Gary, I tried to send the e-mail from my corporate account but got twice the same error:

ASForum@microsoft.com
    Remote Server returned '554 5.7.0 < #5.7.133 smtp;550 5.7.133 RESOLVER.RST.SenderNotAuthenticatedForGroup; authentication required; Delivery restriction check failed because the sender was not authenticated when sending to this group>'

Is there an alternative address or is it a temporary problem?

Thanks
    Andre

Friday, November 17, 2017 9:38 AM
  • Andre,

We got your emails and are investigating this and will reply asap.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Gallanes

Friday, November 17, 2017 7:02 PM
  • Gary

I didn't hear anything until today. Can you please check how I can proceed to get the case analyzed?

Thanks
    Andre

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 5:30 PM
  • Hi Andre,

I'm suffering the same issue.
    Did Gary or anyone else hit you back with regards to this?

Or maybe you managed to fix this yourself? 

Friday, December 1, 2017 1:51 PM
  • Hi Marc

Gary contacted me by mail and I sent the Logs this morning via Transfer-Tool.

Andre

Friday, December 1, 2017 2:02 PM
  • I am very interested in the result/fix.
    Could you share the outcome in this thread maybe?

Thanks!

Monday, December 4, 2017 9:22 AM
  • Yes,  I will post the answer. By the way: The deployment by Powershell works.

André

Monday, December 4, 2017 9:29 AM
  • That's interesting..
    I will try that immediately!

Thnx

Monday, December 4, 2017 10:21 AM