none
Is there a way to access the Column Hide dialog box in VBA? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to get this to open using code? I have a child with a Datasheet, but I've got an application in which context menus(right clicking) in the entire application is disabled for the users.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:08 PM

Answers

• >>>I'm not looking to programmatically hide/show columns, but actually display that popup box for the user to use themselves. I could create my own similar form that does what little window does, but thats a crazy amount of work if I could just somehow get the one in access to popup with a button click on the form.<<<

According to your description, I have tried to search and find out one solution to overcome this issue, unfortunately, I can't. So I suggest that you could submit feedback about Access from link below:

http://access.uservoice.com/

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Sunday, January 31, 2016 2:52 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:39 AM

All replies

• Try:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdHideColumns

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:21 PM
  • I probably wasn't explaining myself well. acCmdHideColumns actually hides a column I believe. I'm not looking to programmatically hide/show columns, but actually display that popup box for the user to use themselves. I could create my own similar form that does what little window does, but thats a crazy amount of work if I could just somehow get the one in access to popup with a button click on the form. There is a way to access it from the ribbon, but I can't allow that either because there is 1 system wide ribbon and the goal is only to allow access to hide/show fields for select datasheets throughout the application, not all of them.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 11:03 PM
  • >>>I'm not looking to programmatically hide/show columns, but actually display that popup box for the user to use themselves. I could create my own similar form that does what little window does, but thats a crazy amount of work if I could just somehow get the one in access to popup with a button click on the form.<<<

According to your description, I have tried to search and find out one solution to overcome this issue, unfortunately, I can't. So I suggest that you could submit feedback about Access from link below:

http://access.uservoice.com/

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Sunday, January 31, 2016 2:52 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:39 AM
  • I probably wasn't explaining myself well. acCmdHideColumns actually hides a column I believe. I'm not looking to programmatically hide/show columns, but actually display that popup box for the user to use themselves. I could create my own similar form that does what little window does, but thats a crazy amount of work if I could just somehow get the one in access to popup with a button click on the form. There is a way to access it from the ribbon, but I can't allow that either because there is 1 system wide ribbon and the goal is only to allow access to hide/show fields for select datasheets throughout the application, not all of them.

Hi HTHP. I see what you mean. In that case, try this:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdUnhideColumns

Also, make sure to set the focus to the datasheet before calling that command to avoid the "command is not available" error.

Hope that helps...

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:51 PM