Functionality Suggestions RRS feed

• Question

• User1377904732 posted

I have, as many of you probably do, a few suggestions for the functionality of the club site. Many club sites have forums, I wouldn't mind seeing forums management and functionality included in the club site or at least available as an add on control (or set of controls).

If you guys have any suggestions, please post.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:25 PM

All replies

• User2069888697 posted

There are currently 2 forums.

1.  Marks forum  is easy to setup and can be downloaded.

2. Angelo's forum (not sure if he has it available yet but you can read his post)

I also have a Bulk Emailer add-on thats free. Go to aspsksolutions.com and sign up as a member.

You will also see an example of the 2 forums on my site, Angelo's is called Forums and Mark's is called Forums2.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:39 PM
  • User1377904732 posted
    Hehe, that's great! Are those user built or built by ASP.NET?
    Friday, June 16, 2006 3:53 PM
  • User2069888697 posted

If what you mean by ASP.NET is Microsoft no.  I read in a post from an Microsoft MVP that the starter kits were meant to show the power of ASP.NET and that they had no immediate plans to update them.  So the Starter kits you see today are the same ones as last November, bugs and all.

The good news is that they have taken on a life of their own.  The Club and Personel Web Sites have both developed a strong community, maybe not as strong as DNN, but for starter kits that are less then a year old  I think its pretty immpresive.  So hopefully Microsoft will have a change of heart.

So the answer is they are 3rd party addons and I believe you will see more addons to come.

Friday, June 16, 2006 5:04 PM