Suppressing Security and Offline messages with a filler form RRS feed

• Question

• Sp 2007 IP 2010

Hello all, I have a filler form with one XML data source thet populates a dd list, no external data connections of any kind.  I have tried different settings for the form but no matter the setting, when I send the filler as an attachment and the user opens it, I can't suppress this (

InfoPath Editor Security Notice

Microsoft Office has identified a potential security concern.

Warning: A server must be contacted to open this form and personal information may be sent back to the

server if you choose to continue. You should only continue if you trust the server's location, which appears

below.     \\act.services.blah.blah\blah\CIOGroups\project\InfoPathDraft\UnderConstuction\TPAnoDataConect.xsn)

or the "Work Offline" message ?

any help would be much appeciated

• Edited by rixmcx59 Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:28 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I am not sure but i think it seems some permission issue with your sharepoint list. Can you try to give some higher permission and verify that error again.

Actually if you go to permission page, you will see "Browse Directories  -  Enumerate files and folders in a Web site using SharePoint Designer and Web DAV interfaces." permission. This permission is required to call XML connection. If this is the issue then you can modify the read permission and provide this permission level.

Hope it could help

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Friday, May 24, 2013 6:13 AM
  • The form is not connected to any SharePoint lists, it has no send/receive data connections other than the xml data source that is included with the template.  The xml data source was exported from Access to xml.  My goal is to remove all warnings so the users are not confused by unnecessary warnings.

• Edited by rixmcx59 Monday, June 3, 2013 3:34 PM
    Monday, June 3, 2013 3:32 PM
  • I am hoping someone can jump in here and tell me if I am wrong but what I found was.

If the external user performs a "Save As" to their machine then opens and publishes the file to their location of choice, then opens the file, selects the file menu and selects reconnect then close it.  After doing these steps, A shortcut to the file opens a blank form with NO WARNINGS.

This seems to work although I have only tested with a few users.  Can someone please provide feedback.

Once again this is a filler form with no conections to SharePoint

Thursday, June 6, 2013 5:29 PM