none
[UWP][C#]How to get a list of Lumia SDK Imaging Effect?

Question

• Hi everybody!

I'm create a ListView to show a list of 63 effects of Lumia SDK Imaging and apply that effetect to Image.

Do we have:

1. Do we have a fast way to get a list of 63 effects .

2. Do we have a fast way to apply effect when chose it from the list

Or I must create one by one?

Thank you!

Friday, March 3, 2017 11:01 AM

All replies

• Hello Nguyen_Thanh_Liem,

After checking the Quick Start I can see here is how the effects are applied:

if (file != null)
        {
            if (!(await ApplyEffectAsync(file)))
                return;

SaveButton.IsEnabled = true;
        }

And in the ApplyEffectAsync we can see the following code to render the image in a panel:

// Set the imageSource on the effect and render.
            ((IImageConsumer)_grayscaleEffect).Source = new Lumia.Imaging.RandomAccessStreamImageSource(fileStream);
            await m_renderer.RenderAsync();

So when to render the effects we need to read the source and apply the effect to it.

If you have a list of effects that you need to apply, based on the above code I think there is not such a easy way for you to render in a short time, you can consider the following:

1. Save different effects to different files and put this saving process out of the UI process. I don't know when you will show your listview to your customer. If it is not on your main page, you can do this before your customer load that listview

2. If time is not enough and you need this kind of ListView I believe you may need to show a progress ring to tell your customer to render a image to have so many effects they have to wait for some time.

Anyway I think the behavior should based on some test code first. You'd better give it a try first to see the time. By the way, why not just give your customers some images that you've already rendered before instead of render them at runtime? If they want to render their own image then you can give them a process bar so that they know they need to wait until the render finish.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 2:22 AM
  • In question 1: I only need create a ListView with 63 ListViewItem is 63 effect to show a list for user choose one which they want?

In question 2:  Can we create a Function and pass paramater is Effect name to apply?

Ex:

SelectEffect(EffectName)
    {
       Apply(EffectName)
    }

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:10 PM
  • Please take a look this topic, Thank you!
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 2:40 AM