Move all folders and subfolders

Question

• I have a an app that i am Building that is used for internal purposes.  This is my first Metro type App and i did it because everyone in the office upgraded to 8.1 from 7 and wanted it to look pretty for end users.  The app right now is almost fully functioning but i'm trying to figure out how to move folers and subfolders and files around using the windows.storage.  So let me tell you how things are setup the users have a shared drive, and they currently have 2 folders one called Active, and one call Completed.  in each of the folders is a folder with a Job Number,  and in that folder there can be many subfolders and files.

Currently i have the App where they can go in and pick the job from a drop down and click a button that says mark as completed.  It updates other vaious internal systems, but I can not figure out how to copy that Folder and all of it's contents from the active folder to the Competed folder.  Is it even possible.  I know if i just a standard C# Application i can use File IO and move folders around.  windows Storagefolder does not have the move option, so i'm trying to figure out how to do this efficiently.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 3:33 AM

Answers