none
Best Practice for roaming UWP Apps with Profile Containers / nonpersistent W10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

what are the recommended settings to handle non-persistent Windows 10 Machines using UWP apps?

Most off the apps work out of the box and successfully roam settings, however there are some side effects:

- pinned UWP apps to taskbar are invisible after re-logon. Starting them via startmenu shortcut makes the icon visible again.
    - UWP apps loosing link-localization after re-logon (so "Rechner" is displayed as "Calculator")
    - Over time some apps show an empty loading bar laid over the start menu icon

Thanks,

Marco

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hello,

We are investigating a similar report of UWP apps not working correctly. But this has not been confirmed to be an issue that we cause or can remedy or if it might be due to some other environmental issue. The reporter hasn't responded for a time so I don't know if we will be able to confirm this without additional info.

What the developer asked for is the following:  A VM is needed with a user account that can login to on the system, and a profile VHD that shows the problem. The VM will need a local user account (not a domain account) and FSLogix will need to be configured to store the profile disks on the local drive,. Then with the provided login+profile that shows the problem can be investigated more in depth. 

So I would go to https://support.fslogix.com and open a ticket if you can provide the above information.

Regards,

Brent

Thursday, September 19, 2019 10:13 PM
    Owner
  • Hello -

I am having a similar issue. UWP apps appear invisible on the taskbar if pinned and sometimes I can click on the app from the taskbar and other times I cannot, nothing happens. I don't even have the UWP Apps on the start menu. Its almost like the staged UWP is not registering.

I understand the need to isolate the issue to verify its not some "other environmental issue" as you say but these are non-persistent VMs and needing a local account makes it almost impossible to troubleshoot. I might need to open up a case at https://support.fslogix.com as well.

Eddie

Friday, September 20, 2019 8:30 PM