none
Dll / Reference Files Missing After Publish into IIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I Created 3 separated projects “WCF Service” Layer “Business” Layer and “Data” Layer. WCF layer has dependency on Business, the “Business” layer has dependency on “Data”. In other words Inside of the “\Business\bin\Debug” folder contains data.dll and “\WCF.Service\bin” contains business.dll and data.dll however once I publish WCF Service to IIS Inside of the bin folder (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sms\bin) the data.dll is missing.

My question is how can I publish WCF service without losing any references?

Note: - I am using VS 2013

Gehan Fernando Snr. Engineer Technology. AKLO Information Technologies (Pvt) Ltd. #58, 42nd Lane, 5th Floor, Wellawatta, Colombo 06, Sri Lanka. Phone: +94 117 520000 | Mobile: +94 772 269625

Monday, February 29, 2016 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hello,

In order to reproduce your issue, I have created 3 separated projects "WCF Service" Layer/"Business" Layer/"Data" Layer. After I publish the WCF Service to the IIS, I can see both of the business.dll and data.dll as following:

So I can not reproduce your issue in my side, please try to check the following article to see if you have missed something:
    #Publish WCF Service in Local IIS on Visual Studio 2013:
    http://debugmode.net/2014/06/18/publish-wcf-service-in-local-iis-on-visual-studio-2013/ .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 29, 2016 8:53 AM
  • Hello Amy

As you mention I have created same 3 Projects

Business project added data layer as reference once the project build inside of the Business  bin the data.dll added, that is correct

WCF Service project added Business as reference once the project build inside of the Service project bin the Business.dll added, there is no data.dll 

According to my knowledge the Business.dll and data.dll should add to WCF Service project bin.

After that I publish the WCF project, once the project publish only Business and Service dll found.

Please help me to resolve this issue. Am I missing any thing ?

Gehan Fernando Snr. Engineer Technology. AKLO Information Technologies (Pvt) Ltd. #58, 42nd Lane, 5th Floor, Wellawatta, Colombo 06, Sri Lanka. Phone: +94 117 520000 | Mobile: +94 772 269625

Monday, February 29, 2016 1:14 PM
  • Hello,

According to your description, I'm not sure what could cause this issue, if possible, could you please share a simple project with us via OneDrive, we could reproduce your issue on my side and find a solution to solve it.

Best regards,

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 7:16 AM
  • You can download the sample code from the following link

One Drive Public

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 2:30 AM
  • Hello,

I have downloaded your project and opened it on my side. Firstly, I cleaned the project named ServiceApp. Secondly, I rebuilded the project named ServiceApp. After that I can find the DataLayer.dll file in the bin folder as following:

I would suggest you change another computer to rebuild your project and check if it works for you.

Best regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:01 AM