How to get deleted item's info RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I m writing outlook add-in to detect the deleted items.
    i m notified that item is deleted but i can't get information of deleted item like which item is deleted and what was its  entry id.

Would anyone plz help me to find out the solution so that i may be able to get information of deleted items also.

Thanx in Advance
    Friday, June 29, 2007 11:51 AM

Answers

• In versions before Outlook 2007, there is no sure way to know what item was deleted unless you maintain your own cache of item information and do a comparison.

What you can do is monitor the Deleted Items folder for new items using the MAPIFolder.Items.ItemAdd event.

Friday, June 29, 2007 5:55 PM

All replies

• In versions before Outlook 2007, there is no sure way to know what item was deleted unless you maintain your own cache of item information and do a comparison.

What you can do is monitor the Deleted Items folder for new items using the MAPIFolder.Items.ItemAdd event.

Friday, June 29, 2007 5:55 PM
  • Thanx for reply

But there is again a problem with this solution. If i Shif+Delete an item then it never goes to Deleted Items folder. So items deleted this way will never be monitored. So Is there also solution for Shif+delete items.

thanx

Best Regards

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 5:58 AM
  • Only the solutions I already gave: Use Outlook 2007 or maintain your own cache of item information and do a comparison.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 11:47 AM