none
programatically check if there is invalid custom document properties RRS feed

• Question

• I have a a word document with a document level customization which i open from sharepoint.

I want to disable a button if custom document properties have been changed to a invalid value.
    In word i get a yellow  messagebar saying "Required properties, to save to the server, correct the invalid or missing properties."

1. is there a way to programatically see if there is invalid properties ?

2. is there an event when document properties is changed when calling DisplayDocumentInformationPanel() method.

Cheers Michael
    • Edited by flinkemike1 Friday, September 30, 2011 10:40 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 10:38 AM

All replies

• I don't know about displaying the information panel, but couldn't you check in the before save or before close events?
    Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 3:30 AM
  • yes I could validate all custom properties in before save. 

I just figured that as word apperently already is making tht validation and show the yellow bar, that it might be possible to read that from the word object model.

/Michael

Monday, October 3, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It’s based on my experience that your goal is hard to approach. You issue seems a SharePoint issue and you will open your document at browser. Is it right? This forum will not provide any helpful information for you to handle sharepoint issue.

If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:31 AM