none
Using the Transaction set specific group header grid RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please tell me what BizTalk looks at in the XML message to determine that this XML message has values set for the For ST1, Version/Release and Target Namespace in the party/group header grid?

Does it look at the body of the XML message? In the body I have:

<ST xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006"

<ST01_TransactionSetIdentifierCode>834</ST01_TransactionSetIdentifierCode>

<ST02_TransactionSetControlNumber>1102</ST02_TransactionSetControlNumber>

<ST03_ImplementationConventionReference>XYZ.834</ST03_ImplementationConventionReference>

</ST">

Does it look simply at the message type which is below? In other words, does it look at what's after the # character and looks for 00501 and 834?

http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006#X12_00501_834

Thanks

Using the Transaction set specific group header grid

In the Transaction set specific group header (GS) section, you associate values of the GS1, GS2, GS3, GS4, GS5, GS7, and GS8 data elements with values of the For ST1, Version/Release, and Target namespace data elements. When BizTalk Server determines that a BizTalk XML message has the values set for the For ST1, Version/Release, and Target namespace elements in a row of the grid, BizTalk Server will populate the GS1, GS2, GS3, GS5, GS7, and GS8 data elements in the envelope of the outgoing interchange with the values from the same row of the grid. The values of the For ST1, Version/Release, and Target namespace elements must be unique.

If a message does not have a match with the For ST1, Version/Release, and Target namespace elements in any row, BizTalk will populate the message with the values for the GS1, GS2, GS3, GS5, GS7, and GS8 elements in the default row. These values will be used even if the message does not have a match with the For ST1, Version/Release, and Target namespace elements of the default row.

• Edited by piancu Friday, September 7, 2012 11:28 PM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 11:25 PM

Answers

• I confirmed that BizTalk looks at the message type. If I have the message type as X12_00501_820b, it will not match the data entered in the group header grid. It's 820 in the group header grid vs. 820b in the message type.
    Monday, September 10, 2012 10:18 PM

All replies

• Can you please confirm what is message flow, inbound or outbound??

Monday, September 10, 2012 5:13 AM
  • I confirmed that BizTalk looks at the message type. If I have the message type as X12_00501_820b, it will not match the data entered in the group header grid. It's 820 in the group header grid vs. 820b in the message type.
    Monday, September 10, 2012 10:18 PM