none
MFC in Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I'm adding a new project in VS 2010, then I choose a template as following "Visual C++", "MFC" i "MFC Application". Next I click "Finish" and then I get the error "Error processing the template file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\VCWizards\AppWiz\MFC\Application\Templates\1045\Templates.inf". Help please.
    Saturday, July 13, 2013 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Based on your description, I doubt that the issue is related to your VS.

If you are not using VS Express, you could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands to check if it can help:

• Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE
    • Devenv.exe /SafeMode: Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.
    • Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.
    • Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.
    • Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.
    • If still no help, I suggest you try repairing your VS or uninstall it and then reinstall it.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:04 AM