How do I deactivate an install Followup? RRS feed

• Question

• In 2010 the question was asked, "How do I deactivate an install".  Eventually, after much apparent frustration from MSDN subscribers, some one from MS (Lori Dirks) posted an, "answer". 

The "answer" basically says, "we will look into this and give a complete answer as soon as we can."  The URL http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/general/thread/da5587bc-b098-4c6a-9a56-af3608d940d0".  The title of the question was "How do I deactivate an install".

It is now 2013 (three years later), and the question remains unanswered/resolved and the post has been locked.  I am now in the same boat as all the other angry subscribers and would like to know how to deactivate an installation of Expression Studio 4 so I can install it on my new development system.

LORI DIRKS!  What did you find in these three years?

@Lori Dirks

Thanks,

Kevin

• Edited by Kevin6340 Monday, March 18, 2013 6:50 PM Added @ to text
    Monday, March 18, 2013 6:48 PM

Answers

• If you are hitting an error with not being able to install because of the maximum number of activations, you should follow this information:

"You will need to open a support case and we can assist you with this. To do that, go to support.microsoft.com and click the link at the bottom of the page to contact a support professional. Once you call the number for support, tell the agent answering the phone that you are seeing a message indicating that you have reached the maximum allowable activations and they can assist you with installation on the new machine."

Monday, March 18, 2013 7:40 PM