none
Opening Word causes it to attempt to launch Excel plugins RRS feed

• Question

• Our office uses the Office 2010 (32 bit) suite on Windows 7 Professional. One of the computers in my office encounters an issue when opening Word:

Process explorer shows that it is opening an instance of Excel and attempting to load plugins related to Excel. It is creating a number of frustrating Excel related pop-ups in the instance of Word that was launched.

We use a number of proprietary Excel specific plugins such as Bloomberg and MBRM which create these pop-ups (which usually only appear the first time they are registered in Excel) every time Word is launched.

This is the only computer in my office which exhibits this behavior, all the other computers use the same set of plugins with no issue. The specific vendors of these plugins have been unhelpful in resolving this problem, and I was wondering if anyone with Word or Office expertise could assist me in diagnosing and fixing this problem.

Is there any good reason why Excel would try to launch itself whenever Word is started?

• Edited by Randall T Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:23 PM