[Win8.1/WinRT8.1/WP81] Support / Documentation Sync Toolkit

Question

• Hello,

I have a few questions regarding database / file synchronization in the Windows 8.1 platform. I am looking for a technique that allows me to create a windows 8.1 / WinRT 8.1 / Windows Phone application who is able to synchronize database changes / files with the server / clients.

First I learned about Microsoft Synchronization Framework 2.1 who had all the functionalities I needed, but later I founded out that is not supported on WinRT 8.1 / Windows Phone 8.1.

Then I heard about Sync Toolkit for WinRT 8.1 who also supported Windows Phone 8.1, but I cant find any documentation about the Sync Toolkit and I only read about database syncing through SQLite? So I wonder: Is File syncing supported by the Sync Toolkit ? Or even better: is there some official documentation around about the Sync Toolkit ?

Greetings!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:35 AM

Answers

• You'll need to check the project site for documentation. The Sync Toolkit for WinRT you mention is not an official Microsoft product, and I didn't see a version in a quick search that supported Windows Phone 8.1 explicitly.

There is a new offline mode for Azure Mobile Services (See Get started with Offline Data in Mobile Services) but I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for. It uses SQLite on the client.

I'm not aware of any general file syncing toolkits.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:29 PM
    Owner

All replies

• You'll need to check the project site for documentation. The Sync Toolkit for WinRT you mention is not an official Microsoft product, and I didn't see a version in a quick search that supported Windows Phone 8.1 explicitly.

There is a new offline mode for Azure Mobile Services (See Get started with Offline Data in Mobile Services) but I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for. It uses SQLite on the client.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:29 PM
    Owner

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply, I'll look into the capabilities of Azure!

Greetings

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:42 AM