none
Trouble deleting a workflow stage RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to delete a workflow stage that is no longer used. I am certain that no in-progress projects are on workflows that use the stage. However, when I try to delete the stage, I get the following error:

• Workflow Stage ITWF1 - CIO Approved cannot be deleted since there are projects on the server that has workflows that use that workflow stage.

Horrible grammar aside, I am certain that this is not the case.

Any suggestions for next steps in troubleshooting? Any thoughts as to what might be going on here?

We are on Project Server 2010, with SP1 and Dec 2011 CU applied.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:06 PM

All replies

• Anyone?
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:35 PM
    1. Was this stage a part of a workflow ever (even if the stage is no longer part of that workflow?)
    2. Was this workflow associated to an Enterprise Project Type ever (even if that workflow is no longer associated to that EPT?)

Are there any published projects that could have been created while the above were true even if there have been changes made since then that removes either the workflow from the EPT or the stage from the workflow?

Are there any projects that were created directly within Project Pro while the possible EPT in 2 above was the default EPT so that now it exists with that EPT but it is not published and therefore not visible in PWA?

When a project is created with an EPT that has a workflow it exists with the workflow and stages that existed when it was created. it will NOT take on any changes to the workflow that were done after it was created.

just a thought.

Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Friday, January 13, 2012 12:43 AM