none
Dcpromo through Azure connect

Question

• I am trying to replicate an AD forest from one cloud DC to an Azure virtual machine DC so I can migrate all my user profiles to Azure. Through research and a lot fo trial and error I found a simple soution to get the Azure machine joined to my DC in my other cloud service. I used the below commands I found in another post.

You need to do 2 things to achieve domain join for your machine over Connect:

• Establish connectivity over Connect network between your machine and the DC by putting them in an interconnected group or by creating a connection between the two groups which they are part of. (Seems like you already have this network connectivity.)
      • Create a new String Value (REG_SZ) called DnsServers under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Azure Connect\Endpoint
      • and set it's value data to be the FQDN of your target DC

Within 5 minutes, you should be ready to join your machine to the domain over Connect. Follow usual domain join steps from here on.

this worked wonderfully but now I am running into problems trying to run a dcpromo on the now domain joined Azure machine. The error message im getting is as follows:

"The Active Directory Domain Services Installation Wizard (Dcpromo) was unable to establish connection with the following domain controller.

5f6-----------------------------.corp

Additional Data

Error value:

1722 The RPC server is unavailable.

- System
      - Provider
       [ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-ActiveDirectory_DomainService
       [ Guid]  {------------------------------------}
       [ EventSourceName]  NTDS General

- EventID 1125
       [ Qualifiers]  49152

Version 0