none
Unable to Search a Task List with Specific Keyword in the Description Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have SharePoint Site where I have multiple lists ,documents and tasks. In the site when I search with the name FTP Services , I am able to find the "FTP Services"  Task List. 

In the FTP Services task list I have a column "Description" in which the description of the task is given.

Now,I am trying to search with a key word "Large" which is there in the description content.I am getting different results when I search with the keyword "Large", however , I don't find the FTP Services Task list in the search.

I have checked the permission for the list and the user is present in Owner,member and visitor list.The list is inheriting permission from the top level sites. 

In the List permissions , I have enabled the option "Add an enterprise keywords column to the list and enable keyword synchronization" under Enterprise metadata and keyword settings.After performing a full crawl during the weekend , I came back to work today to check if the issue is fixed.I notice that I am still unable to see "FTP Services" task list in the search item.

Can someone please 

Regards

Monday, November 24, 2014 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Aravinda,

SharePoint list column (or site column used as a list column), after we create a list item and make sure column has value, and start a full crawl, then a Crawled Property format as ows_thisColumnName (e.g. ows_Description in this case) will be generated for this column, you can check the search service application from Central Administration site, find the Crawled Property ows_Description and make sure the option "include values for this property in the search index" is checked, and re-start a full crawl, then check results again.

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:34 PM
  • Hello Daniel ,

Sorry for a long delay in the response. The issue still persists.

As advised I have checked the mapped properties in Search Administration and here is the screenshot.

I am still unable to search this specific item named T24 .If I search with the keyword T24 I get the results , but not with the keywords in the description field . And I guess this is happening with the Item T24:FTP Services item alone.

Regards

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 7:55 AM
  • Hi All,

Can Anyone please suggest anything on this issue. It is still not fixed.

Regards,

Aravinda Rao V

Regards

Monday, February 16, 2015 5:30 PM