none
Developing an application which locks application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Here i would like to develop an application in which a user select a list of applications installed on his/her phone and asks the user to enter a password to lock these applications.These selected applications now when opened ,there should be a screen which asks the user the password to gain access.I know all the applications work in a sandboxed fashion .Is it possible to accomplish my idea(in C#).

<Sid>

Monday, June 18, 2012 7:15 PM

All replies

• This can only be Handled by the server side.

God is Great !!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:06 AM
  • On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:15:36 +0000, sharma.sidhanth wrote:

Hi all,

Here i would like to develop an application in which a user select a list of applications installed on his/her phone and asks the user to enter a password to lock these applications.These selected applications now when opened ,there should be a screen which asks the user the password to gain access.I know all the applications work in a sandboxed fashion .Is it possible to accomplish my idea(in C#).

You might get close if you look for information on kiosk mode, which is a common name for
    techniques that restrict user access.

<Sid>

-----------------------------------------
    To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).

Robert E. Zaret
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com
    r_z_aret@pen_fact.com
    Useful reading (be sure to read its disclaimer first):
       http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:45 PM