none
View PDF files in browsers and save them again directly to sharepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

Some users ask me to open PDF files in browsers by default. So I followed the following procedure:

Open the document library where you have stored the .pdf file.

• Go to the advanced settings and make sure that you have selected "Open in the client application" (if i select "open in web browser" it doesn't work).
    • Login to Central Administrator--> Application management --> Web Application general settings and select your web application.
    • Then select your web application --> general settings and change browser file handling to Permissive from strict as shown below.

It works.

But if i use PDF nuance and edit and make a change in the file, then when I save, it asks me to save locally my file (on my computer). I would like to know if we can keep saving in the document library where the file is stored? (the normal way in ShaerPoint 2013 when you edit a file).

Thank you for your reply :)

Friday, April 14, 2017 9:05 AM

Answers

• Hello Dennis

I tried to enable check in check out the document library. SharePoint didn't prompt me when I click on the PDF document. I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - Version 15.

And i don't see the Sharepoint Server Menu item when opening the PDF from SharePoint. 

Any explanations regarding this?

Thank you in advance

• Marked as answer by Valérie2017 Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:40 PM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:58 AM

All replies