none
Cannot Download Visual Studio 2015 ISO from DreamSpark Student (MSDN) RRS feed

• Question

1. I’ve downloaded Visual Studio Community 2015 ISO twice from my DreamSpark account using Free Download Manager (FDM). But as my internet connection is slow so I had to pause the download. But now when I resume it I get access denied error. I also entered my Hotmail credentials in Advanced section of FDM Download Window next time around but got the same error on resume. After that I tried downloading it again but this time it issued 'Accsess Denied: invalid username or password' after being 90% downloaded even though I didn't pause it for one second. Kindly, help me out on this, as this issue is getting rather frustrating. Also discussed the whole matter with DreamSpark support but in the end they said:

In my understanding you are having technical difficulties with your Visual Studio Community 2015  from your DreamSpark Subscription .

If you are a student and your access to Dreamspark Subscription came from your Scholl admin, please forward your concern to them.

If you have been verified on the DreamSpark Website (DreamSpark for Student) please seek support from the link below:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums

I hope this fully resolved all your concerns. Should you have any additional inquiries, you can contact me using the details below and I'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your continued support to Microsoft.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Nelin

Microsoft DreamSpark Team

Contact Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, except holidays.

• Edited by ar27111994 Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:36 PM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:18 PM

All replies

• Here's the whole story:

To: drmspkna@Microsoft.com

I’ve downloaded Visual Studio Community 2015 ISO twice from my DreamSpark account using Free Download Manager (FDM). But as my internet connection is slow so I had to pause the download. But now when I resume it I get access denied error. I also entered my Hotmail credentials in Advanced section of FDM Download Window next time around but got the same error on resume. Please fix this or suggest another free Download Manager for downloading big files from MSDN. 

> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 08:41:06 -0700
    > From: drmspkna@messages.microsoft.com
    > To: ar27111994@hotmail.com
    > Subject: Re: Resume DreamSpark download (KMM34112859V45239L0KM)

> Hello Ahmed,

> Thank you for contacting the support team for Microsoft DreamSpark program.

> I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles downloading Visual Studio Community 2015. I will do what is necessary to assist you on this matter.

> In order to provide you with appropriate resolution, please provide me with the following information:

> 1. URL of the website where you are downloading the software
    > 2. Screenshot of the steps that you took prior encountering an error
    > 3. Screenshot of the error message that you received
    > 4. First and Last name
    > 5. Username/DreamSpark Email Address
    > 6. School Name
    > 7. School Location (Country)

> Once I receive your response I can assist you further.

> I am looking forward to hearing from you. You may reply to this email or call me at 866-643-9421 FREE. My department is available Mondays through Fridays between the hours of 5:30am-5:30pm, PST. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

> Zanne
    > Microsoft DreamSpark
    > Fax: (661) 775-6475
    > DrmSpkNA@microsoft.com
    > www.dreamspark.com/Support/RSC

> Free to Microsoft DreamSpark members!
    > Distribute software to your students with Kivuto Solutions Inc. dreamspark@kivuto.com

> Received date: 9/12/15
    > Original sender: ar27111994@hotmail.com
    > Case ID: BIS-11069888

> If you need any further assistance with this specific query, please reference the Case ID above when contacting us.

To: DreamSpark NA
    1. URL of the website where you are downloading the software : http://dl.msdn.com/pr/vs2015.com_enu.iso?t=16ef2d4f-7c92-4f95-8888-9afbec622378&e=1441992354&h=767b5e8a42e5c29886f3788fa1daf4b1
    2. Screenshot of the steps that you took prior encountering an error :

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8FD4DC52B47CF305!746&authkey=!ADv06Ev4asn9eqY&v=3&ithint=photo%2cPNG  

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8FD4DC52B47CF305!747&authkey=!AJmx_YgaTNNSvXs&v=3&ithint=photo%2cPNG

Note:- I've also tried downloading without "Login Required", but got the same error on resume.
    3. Screenshot of the error message that you received :

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8FD4DC52B47CF305!745&authkey=!ACrnvKehNHwqK-g&v=3&ithint=photo%2cPNG

4. First and Last name : Ahmed Rehan
    5. Username/DreamSpark Email Address : ar27111994@hotmail.com
    6. School Name : Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi
    7. School Location (Country) : Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan.

Sent : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:44:50 PM UTC
    To : "Ahmed Rehan" 
    Cc : "msscisc@microsoft.com" 
    Subject : RE: Resume DreamSpark download (KMM34130742V21684L0KM)

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for providing me with the information I have requested. 

Upon going through it, I can confirm that your location is outside North America. Please be advised that the department you have reached assist DreamSpark subscribers in North America. On this note, best team to get in touch with is our support team in India. For your reference, please see their contact information below:

India
    1800 111 100 (Toll free within India, MTNL/BSNL line)
    msscisc@microsoft.com

For your convenience, I have copied them on this email. Please allows 2 business days for them to reply. 

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Zanne
    Microsoft DreamSpark
    Fax: (661) 775-6475
    DrmSpkNA@microsoft.com
    www.dreamspark.com/Support/RSC

Free to Microsoft DreamSpark members!
    Distribute software to your students with Kivuto Solutions Inc. dreamspark@kivuto.com

Received date: 9/15/15
    Original sender: ar27111994@hotmail.com
    Case ID: BIS-11069888

If you need any further assistance with this specific query, please reference the Case ID above when contacting us.

Microsoft Subscription Centre (India) (CNTUS.MCSI.AS.IN.EN.DCA.MNL.CS.T01.CUS.00.EM@css.one.microsoft.com) Add to contacts 18/09/2015 Keep this message at the top of your inbox 
    To: ahmed rehan

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Nelin
    https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Support.aspx
    Contact Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, except holidays

Sent : Sunday, September 20, 2015 1:04:26 PM UTC
    To : "Microsoft Subscription Centre India" 
    Subject : RE: SRX1304782496ID - RE: Resume DreamSpark download (KMM34130742V21684L0KM)

Hi,
         Tried downloading it again but this time it issued 'Accsess Denied: invalid username or password' after being 90% downloaded even though I didn't pause it for one second. Kindly, help me out on this, as this issue is getting rather frustrating.

Url of the new download : http://dl.msdn.com/pr/vs2015.com_enu.iso?t=e8f102ff-7c9b-4fd2-aca3-0d056cf781b1&e=1442739549&h=fdf05ac7e9b9ec267fde981f832b1dcf

The rest of the details & steps are same as the ones copied to you by DreamSpark US support.

Microsoft Subscription Centre (India) (CNTUS.MCSI.AS.IN.EN.DCA.MNL.CS.T01.CUS.00.EM@css.one.microsoft.com) Add to contacts 12:26 Keep this message at the top of your inbox 
    To: ahmed rehan
    Hi Ahmed,

Greetings from Microsoft!

In my understanding you are having technical difficulties with your Visual Studio Community 2015  from your DreamSpark Subscription .

If you are a student and your access to Dreamspark Subscription came from your Scholl admin, please forward your concern to them.

If you have been verified on the DreamSpark Website (DreamSpark for Student) please seek support from the link below:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums

I hope this fully resolved all your concerns. Should you have any additional inquiries, you can contact me using the details below and I'll be happy to assist you.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Nelin
    https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Support.aspx
    Contact Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, except holidays.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:01 PM
  • Helloooo! Anyone there? Really unhelpful place this is
    Saturday, September 26, 2015 3:51 PM

• Sorry about the delay, ar27111994. I apologize that you have been having issues and have not gotten support from us.
    I have contacted the DreamSpark team about the same and will keep you posted once I hear back.

Thanks,
    Sowmya
    MSDN Subscriptions Feedback

Sowmya MSDN Subscription Feedback

Monday, September 28, 2015 6:43 PM
  • Thank god! Please fix this issue!!!!!
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:33 AM