VBA to move ppt object to a specific location RRS feed

• Question

• I am using VBA to push calculations from Access into charts, graphs and tables in a template powerpoint presentation. The objects are manipulated with tables within Access for specific names, font size, chart type etc. The problem I am running into is moving my named objects within the powerpoint. Since I am using a powerpoint template I have specific slides that I need to move the objects to. Some of the slides have room for multiple shape/objects and are not necessarily in a specific slide order. The shapes are named within the presentation. I cannot find a command to move an object/shape to an identified location.

The closest thing I have found is something similar to :

ActivePresentation.Slides(2).MoveTo to Pos:=1

However, this moves the entire slide and not just the table, graph or chart. Again, since the slide order may change I need to use the name of the object and the name of the shape in the slide to connect the two. Any command I should research would be helpful! TIA!

Monday, October 7, 2019 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Stacy,

I do a lot of manipulation of PowerPoint from Access myself.

I am having trouble understanding what you mean by move.

Do you have an inventory of shapes on one slide and you are trying to move them to other specific slides?

or

Are you trying to position shapes by coordinates on slides?

Friday, December 6, 2019 3:56 AM