The type or namespace name 'Client' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have error  "The type or namespace name 'Client' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) "

I have Client.ascx.cs page

Client newPanel = (Client)LoadControl(

"Client.ascx");

Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:54 AM

Answers

• You need a using statement at the top of your class, specifying the complete namespace of the project where your class is defined:

using My.Name.Space;

Alternatively, you could instantiate it with the fully qualified namespace and leave out the using statement.

My.Name.Space.Client newPanel = (My.Name.Space.Client)LoadControl("Client.ascx");

I don't know if you need the fully qualified namespace in the LoadControl parameter, but you probably do need it there too.

~~Bonnie Berent [C# MVP]

geek-goddess-bonnie.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Rawad Ebn MaM Tuesday, March 23, 2010 5:12 AM
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:15 AM

All replies

• You need a using statement at the top of your class, specifying the complete namespace of the project where your class is defined:

using My.Name.Space;

Alternatively, you could instantiate it with the fully qualified namespace and leave out the using statement.

My.Name.Space.Client newPanel = (My.Name.Space.Client)LoadControl("Client.ascx");

I don't know if you need the fully qualified namespace in the LoadControl parameter, but you probably do need it there too.

~~Bonnie Berent [C# MVP]

• Marked as answer by Rawad Ebn MaM Tuesday, March 23, 2010 5:12 AM
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:15 AM
  • Thank you for your reply , I solved my problem I found that there is error on
    public partial class Messenger : System.Web.UI.UserControl

I have to write this

public partial class Messenger : System.Web.UI.UserControl

I don't know if this make sentence or not but after I change this the error is disappear.

Thank you

Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:26 AM
  • Looks the same to me ...
    ~~Bonnie Berent [C# MVP]

Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:42 PM