none
Solver VBA SolverAdd constraints with decimals in German version not possible RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm quite new to VBA but now I'm facing a problem that has been discussed already but I couldn't find a solution to my specific problem ( https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/2d9ff4b0-e1ef-435a-bfbc-dc1103ea7e3f/solver-vba-solveradd-constraints-with-decimals-not-possible?forum=exceldev).

I want to add a constraint with the SolverAdd function and I run the solver in every line "i". And as the value on the right side of my constraint (in column G) might change, I put a reference to this column G instaed of a fix value. 

SolverAdd CellRef:=Range("$I$" & i), Relation:=1, FormulaText:=Range("$G$" & i)

As I'm using the German excel but the values in G are decimals solver doesn't recognize  for example 823,36 but interpretes 82336 and thus says that all constraints were met.

In the above mentioned thread it was mentioned that this is an old bug. As it is old I was wondering if by now anyone found a solution to it?

I'm very grateful for every help because I'm working on my bachelor thesis and need to carry on!

Cheers, Anita

• Edited by Anita Ni Wednesday, June 27, 2018 12:01 PM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2018 11:58 AM