none
Did de pias require of some kind of license? RRS feed

• Question

• As the question say, my client is asking me if pias (Primary Interop Assembly) requiere some kind of licence to install on the server and use it.

I can not found any information on internet or msdn.

I appreciate any guide on this matter.

Greetings from Chile

..:: O.o ::..

Friday, April 8, 2016 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If we install the Office Primary Interop Assemblies Redistributable, we need to accept the Microsoft Soft ware license like figure below:

However, the import thing is that we need to install the Office on the client to automate the Office with Office Primary Interop Assemblies. And it is not recommend to automate the Office on the server-side. You can refer to the link below about more detail:

Considerations for server-side Automation of Office

As a workaround, you may consider using the Open XML.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 11, 2016 7:56 AM

All replies

• As the question say, my client is asking me if pias (Primary Interop Assembly) requiere some kind of licence to install on the server and use it.

I can not found any information on internet or msdn.

I appreciate any guide on this matter.

Greetings from Chile

The point of interest is "to install on the server and use it". None of the office products are are supported on a server (at least to my knowledge). What are they attempting to accomplish?

Al Edlund Visio MVP

Saturday, April 9, 2016 6:15 PM
  • We dont want to install Office. And you are wrong, office products are supported on servers.
    But if my client install office on their server(s), they need to buy a license. I need to know if I install pias, this product (pias) required some license?

greetings

Sunday, April 10, 2016 12:37 AM
  • Hi,

If we install the Office Primary Interop Assemblies Redistributable, we need to accept the Microsoft Soft ware license like figure below:

However, the import thing is that we need to install the Office on the client to automate the Office with Office Primary Interop Assemblies. And it is not recommend to automate the Office on the server-side. You can refer to the link below about more detail:

Considerations for server-side Automation of Office

As a workaround, you may consider using the Open XML.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 11, 2016 7:56 AM
  • The key point is the difference between installing/working and supporting. They are different.

al

Al Edlund Visio MVP

Monday, April 11, 2016 3:25 PM