2010 SP1 Broke my Template Wizards... RRS feed

• Question

• So,

Before SP1 I could have a pre and post build event on my IWizard Template Wizard implementation.  These events would uninstall my wizard from the GAC and reinstall it.  Regards of this, I was able to set up devenv.exe as my hosting process and debug my wizard.

I recently installed SP1, opened up my TemplateWizard assembly project to add some features.  I assured the wizard was removed from the GAC, and ran my debug instance.

Now, when I go to add my item to the test project, i get "Value cannot be -1, it must be between minimum and maximum" but it should never get to such a place because i'm not setting any values.  I have a break point at LINE 1 of the RunStarted() method.  What's going on?

How do I debug my Template Wizard assembly when it needs to be installed into the GAC for devenv to use it? It worked and let me debug it last week, and now I installed SP1 and it won't. 

Thanks

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

"Never Trust a computer. Your brain is smarter than any micro-chip."
    PS - Don't mark answers on other people's questions. There are such things as Vacations and Holidays which may reduce timely activity, and until the person asking the question can test your answer, it is not correct just because you think it is. Marking it correct for them often stops other people from even reading the question and possibly providing the real "correct" answer.
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Jaeden.

As far as I know, there should be no any difference between VS2010 and VS2010SP1 for IWizard.

Did you add some new feature into your wizard? If we roll back all the modification to the project which worked last week, does it work?

If we use process monitor to check the process of the VS, is the assembly of Wizard loaded?

Regards,

Yi 

Yi Feng Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Saturday, July 2, 2011 10:00 AM