none
Saving new multilevel list to library programmatically with Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to save a multilevel list in the current document to the list library programmatically just as you would through the GUI by right clicking it and using the 'save in list library' button? I haven't had any luck finding any documentation dealing with this issue.
    Thanks in advance.

Friday, March 28, 2014 6:33 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, adding to the list library isn't supported in Word's object model.

However, if you create a list style for your number formatting, it will automatically show up in the "List Styles" section at Home tab | Multilevel List. Add the style to a template to have it show up in new documents based on that template.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can try to use the Macro Recorder available in Word for generating the required code automatically for you in the background. See Record or run a macro for more information.

Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:53 PM
  • As far as I know, adding to the list library isn't supported in Word's object model.

However, if you create a list style for your number formatting, it will automatically show up in the "List Styles" section at Home tab | Multilevel List. Add the style to a template to have it show up in new documents based on that template.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:44 PM