32 bits DLL error on 64 bits server RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I have a 32 bits DLL that raise me an error when I try to execute it on Windows Server 2003 Standars x64 Edition Service Pack 2.

Note http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875423 talks about it, but it doens't works!

Do you know any solution? I have to recompile my DLL with the 64 bits server? or can I do it with a 32 bits environment?

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Newmiadpe,

You can try recompiling this DLL in your working machine using “Any CPU” compiling option and deploy to a X64 machine and try again.

Thanks!

Saturday, September 29, 2007 1:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Newmiadpe,

Could you please cover this “32 bits DLL” in more details? Is it written in .net? Or it’s a COM dll, or a native C++ dll?

And I’d like to know how exactly you are using it in windows server 2003. Is the host application 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks!

Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:31 AM
  • Hi Feng!

Thanks for your reply!

The DLL is written in C#.NET and compiled in a 32 bits computer.

But now, I would like to use it in a Windows 2003 Server with IIS and 64 bits processor.

I hope you can understand me now...

Miguel Angel.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:32 PM
  • Hi Newmiadpe,

Could you please clarify what exactly you mean by “with IIS”, is it an IIS extension or used in ASP.net application?

Thanks!

Friday, September 28, 2007 3:14 AM
  • Hi!

It's a DLL built in C#.NET language and it's running under a Windows 2003 Server with an Internet Information Server. I created a new site in that IIS, and I assigned it 50000 port and through a SAP application I called it like a Web Service...

I hope to explain myself.

Thanks!

Friday, September 28, 2007 3:58 PM
  • Hi Newmiadpe,

You can try recompiling this DLL in your working machine using “Any CPU” compiling option and deploy to a X64 machine and try again.

Thanks!

Saturday, September 29, 2007 1:57 AM
  •  

Hi Feng!

Thanks for your reply! I will try it!!! I suppose I can do it through a 32 bits machine these compile...

Thanks again!

Miguel Angel.

Saturday, September 29, 2007 12:26 PM