How to handle App Updates

Question

• Hi  All,

I have been of creating Windows store app. My app working online and offline version. If internet connection not there app will work offline and data's were stored in local sqlite db. When app coming online need to sync to server. I have not used any sync framework, i have lots of validation against server database value and return value to app so that i have used manual sync using Web API( Please refer any sync framework to handle this scenarios).    

Client are working offline and data's are store local sqlite database. We app come online find new updates coming for app.

When is update the app existing local sqlite data's are deleted.Since the data's are not sync to server. How the user updates the app with out deleting existing record.  Please share me your thoughts and experience to handle this.

thanks

sarathi

Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• I would add a new isolated storage setting.   When the app is first run check for the setting and if it is not there I would sync the database and save the setting.
    Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:10 PM
  • Thanks Ken,    

Could you please bit elaborated, I am new to the Windows 8 app development. Also please refer any sync  framework suitable for my scenario. 

Monday, November 24, 2014 12:26 PM
  •  

Try have a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sync/bb736753.aspx.

A comprehensive synchronization platform that enables collaboration and offline access for applications, services, and devices with support for any data type, any data store, any transfer protocol, and any network topology.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:24 AM