Testing scenario that run on 2 machines RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to test a scenario that runs between 2 machines,
    they react to each other
    I’d like to check if the actions take place as planned and completed successfully

before building a tool myself that provide actions through DB \ XML etc.
    does Unit Test are other tools can cover this scenario?
    any ideas?
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Shimer,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I’m not very clear about this issue, do you mean that you want to run the unit test on Multiple Machines?

If so, you can install a test controller and test agents using the Visual Studio Agents 2010 software so that you can use a group of computers to run your unit tests remotely and concurrently on several computers. For detailed information, see Running Unit Tests on Multiple Machines Using a Test Controller and Test Agents.

If I have misunderstanding anything, please free feel to let me know, I will try my best to help you.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, January 13, 2012 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Shimer,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I’m not very clear about this issue, do you mean that you want to run the unit test on Multiple Machines?

If so, you can install a test controller and test agents using the Visual Studio Agents 2010 software so that you can use a group of computers to run your unit tests remotely and concurrently on several computers. For detailed information, see Running Unit Tests on Multiple Machines Using a Test Controller and Test Agents.

If I have misunderstanding anything, please free feel to let me know, I will try my best to help you.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Friday, January 13, 2012 11:27 AM
  • Hi Shimer,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestion?

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:00 AM
  • Hi Jack,

I raised the question on behalf of a colleague of mine :)

I’m sure he looked into it and found it helpful

Thanks for your help and concern,

Gil

Monday, January 30, 2012 2:00 PM