Failed getting protected volume configuration with error 1. Incorrect function. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using EWF Ram Reg on WES7E. I know that there are some questions out there concerning this error but they all seem to be for XPE or 2009 and many times when not using Ram Reg. 

Any insight into why I am receiving this error would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

Friday, November 1, 2013 4:05 PM

All replies

• What is the boot media? how many drives for the image? What are the EWF settings? Why not use FBWF?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, November 1, 2013 4:11 PM
  • 1. My media appears in the BIOS as SATA and is handle by a PERC Controller. I have no problems booting into the image. The media was formatted as NTFS with 1 partition with 5MB of free space.

2. Not sure what you mean by drives.

3. EWF Settings:

Action       AddListItem

Key          1

EnableLazyWrites  False

DiskNumber 0

PartitionNumber  1

EwfOptimization  Optimal Performance

4. My solution requires EWF. FBWF cannot be used.

Thank you for your response.
    • Edited by Dev11215 Friday, November 1, 2013 5:08 PM
    Friday, November 1, 2013 5:06 PM
  • Are you seeing this error on the first system the OS is installed? Or a copy / clone system?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, November 1, 2013 9:54 PM
  • The first boot on the system the original IBW was deployed to, no cloning.
    Monday, November 4, 2013 4:58 PM
  • Not sure if it is same on WES7 as on WES2009/XPe, but you may check if there is Entry "ArcName" in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EWF\Parameters\Protected\Volume..." and verify that it is correct...

Best regards
    Willi K.

• Edited by Willi K Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:34 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:34 AM
  • You can try to run the second command:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms912881(v=winembedded.5).aspx
    to reconfigure EWF

rundll32 ewfdll.dll ConfigureEwf

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany (http://www.wesnext.com)

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:22 PM