none
Azure blockchain workbench cloud shell active directory tenant login failed error RRS feed

• Question

• I have created an instance of the azure blockchain workbench. I open the app service URL. copy the cloud shell command and paste it on the cloud shell. It asks for an active directory tenant in which I add my directory but it gives error of login failed.
    Monday, February 17, 2020 8:11 PM

Answers

• There were some recent changes to Azure Cloud Shell. While we are working on a solution, here is some workaround:

Before running cd; Invoke-WebRequest -Uri https://aka.ms/workbenchAADSetupScript -OutFile workbenchAADSetupScript.ps1; ./workbenchAADSetupScript.ps1 -SubscriptionID *** -ResourceGroupName *** -DeploymentId ***

Run Remove-Item -Path Function:\Connect-AzureAD in your Azure Cloud Shell session

Thursday, February 20, 2020 11:31 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please ensure that you have followed the documentation with all prerequisites when deploying workbench.

Also, Note that if you are using an existing Azure AD tenant, you need sufficient permissions to register applications, grant Graph API permissions, and allow guest access within an Azure AD tenant. If you do not have sufficient permissions in an existing Azure AD tenant, create a new tenant.

I would suggest you, please refer the documentation for more details to Deploy Azure Blockchain Workbench Preview and see if you are missing any steps.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 9:31 AM
  • Hi Ashok,

We have followed the document you mentioned in your reply above last week and it worked for us.

However we followed this same document this week and it keeps failing with the error message:

ERROR: There was a problem with login. Please try again.
    ERROR MESSAGE: The expression after '&' in a pipeline element produced an object that was not valid. It must result in a command name, a script block, or a CommandInfo object.

The error occurs when the following line is executed by the script 'workbenchAADSetupScript.ps1'

$currentUser = Connect-AzureAD -TenantId $TenantName -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

It seems like the latest version of Workbench is broken?

Please help. We have tried this now on 4 different corporate accounts which have full permissions. They all result in the same error message. 

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 3:30 PM
  • Hello,

Let me check this internally and update you as earliest. Appreciate your time and patience in this regard.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 6:55 AM
  • It is likely to do with the 'Prerequisites', I had the same issue.  Make sure you follow 'Azure AD configuration' and try configuring Azure AD manually.
    Wednesday, February 19, 2020 7:42 AM
  • There were some recent changes to Azure Cloud Shell. While we are working on a solution, here is some workaround:

Before running cd; Invoke-WebRequest -Uri https://aka.ms/workbenchAADSetupScript -OutFile workbenchAADSetupScript.ps1; ./workbenchAADSetupScript.ps1 -SubscriptionID *** -ResourceGroupName *** -DeploymentId ***

Run Remove-Item -Path Function:\Connect-AzureAD in your Azure Cloud Shell session

Thursday, February 20, 2020 11:31 PM
  • Update:

This issue is fixed.

@Jony Z Please try and update if you face any issues.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 9:18 AM