none
MSDN subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I work for an IT provider and want to try Storsimple Virtual in my environment. Why is it not available from my free MSDN subscription?

thanks

Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Storsimple is available for MSDN subscription, please check this blog:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/bizspark_au/2014/09/17/getting-the-most-out-of-azure-in-your-msdn-subscription/

Regards,
    Azam Khan

Monday, August 29, 2016 12:17 PM
  • Hi Azam,

So can you give us then some advise to activate the StorSimple service in a MSDN subscription. When I try to create a new StorSimple Manager it says "StorSimple Manager service is not available for your account"

Thanks
    J0F3

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:32 PM
  • @J0F3 - Exactly the same issue here...
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016 3:39 PM
  • Hi Darren/J0F3,
    For physical series, you need the hardware. For getting the same, your subscription should be purchased through the Enterprise Agreement.

Refer here.

Regards, Anoob

If you like to see this feature in StorSimple, send it our way using the StorSimple Feedback Forum.

Friday, October 14, 2016 8:52 AM
  • Hi Anoob,

Yes, I know about the need fo the EA for a physical appliance. But at least the virtual array should be made available for MSDN Subscription. Because it's not realistic to get a EA only for education or testing reasons.

Microsoft should give us a way to try out at least the virtual array otherwise MS partners have no chance to get any experiences with Storsimple and can therefore not effentily support their customers.

Thx
    J0F3

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:33 PM
  • Well said, agreed!
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:53 PM
  • Hi Folks,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for the feedback, we'll get back on this if there is any change.

To ensure that I got the scenario correctly, the ask here is to support MSDN subscriptions for the on-premises Virtual device series so that partners can drive Proof Of Concepts with customers. If not, can you folks elaborate this a bit?

This information will help us when we're looking for into the feature support later.

Regards, Anoob

We read all feedback carefully. Send us your feedbacks through StorSimple Feedback Forum.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 3:40 AM
  • Deleted
    Monday, January 9, 2017 7:42 PM
  • @Anoob: Yes, thats absolutely correct. You got the question.

@strict68: Since it is possible to manage the virtual devices in the new Azure Portal it seem that it's possible to create a StoreSimple manager without a EA subscription. I have just tested it an I could successfully create a new "StorSimple Device Manager" unter my MSDN Azure subscription. In the settings of the Device Manager I got also a donwload link for the virtual array (virtual on-premise appliance).

• Proposed as answer by J0F3MVP Monday, January 9, 2017 9:05 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 9:05 PM
  • Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedbacks. I'm excited to share that, you can now avail other subscription offers for your StorSimple Virtual Array solutions.

Check out my blog on Expanded subscription offers for StorSimple Virtual Array.

Regards, Anoob

We read all feedback carefully. Send us your feedbacks through StorSimple Feedback Forum.

Monday, February 6, 2017 6:37 AM