none
Biztalk 2010 and windows sharepoint services adapter web service grayed out RRS feed

• Question

• I have wss 3.0 sp2 installed and working, but still, biztalk installation wizard does not let me install the windows sharepoint services adapter web service (option grayed).

I have reviewed all the other posts, but the language pack does not seem to be the problem.

What can I do to troubleshoot the issue, can someone give me instructions as to where to look to find what is the exact cause.

I'm running on a 64 bit machine (2008 R2) with wss 3 sp2.

Thank you

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to system requirements for BizTalk 2010 the Windows SharePoint Services adapter Web service requires SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2010, Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 with Service Pack 1, or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. I have installed BizTalk 2010 with the SharePoint adapter, but I installed SharePoint Foundation before hand (different scenario). You state you installed WSS 3.0 SP2 and it might be possible that this is not supported. You can contact MS Support to ask for assistance. In past language pack can make a difference, see this thread (if you have not seen it already). Finally you can review all system requirement and see if any are missing on your machine/environment

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:50 PM
  • WSS3.0 SP2 is supported by BizTalk 2010. Please refer to the steps of 'Appendix A: Installing Windows SharePoint Services' in BizTalk 2010 installation guide to configure WSS, extend WSS site and try again:

Installing BizTalk Server 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2008

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=b77d6a4f-8b41-470e-a58c-730dc5859b38

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to system requirements for BizTalk 2010 the Windows SharePoint Services adapter Web service requires SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2010, Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 with Service Pack 1, or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. I have installed BizTalk 2010 with the SharePoint adapter, but I installed SharePoint Foundation before hand (different scenario). You state you installed WSS 3.0 SP2 and it might be possible that this is not supported. You can contact MS Support to ask for assistance. In past language pack can make a difference, see this thread (if you have not seen it already). Finally you can review all system requirement and see if any are missing on your machine/environment

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:50 PM
  •  I Followed the below installation guide for installing Sharepoint on my machine server 2008 R2. This was helpful. 

"BizTalk 2010 Installation and Configuration Guide – Development and Test Build BizTalk 2010 64-bit, SQL Server 2008 R2 64-bit, Windows 2008 R2 64-bit"

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:45 AM
  • WSS3.0 SP2 is supported by BizTalk 2010. Please refer to the steps of 'Appendix A: Installing Windows SharePoint Services' in BizTalk 2010 installation guide to configure WSS, extend WSS site and try again:

Installing BizTalk Server 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2008

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=b77d6a4f-8b41-470e-a58c-730dc5859b38

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 6:19 AM