Retrieve list of SSO applications RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm storing configuration as applications in SSO.

I have used the SSO code Jon Flanders wrote to start with.

What I noticed is that there is not an easy way to retrieve the list of applications deployed in SSO.

His strategy is to keep a list of the deployed applications in a seperate application and then updating the list as applications are added or removed.

In the SSO tutorials from Microsoft there is a class SSOMapper which support retrieving the list of applications. Unfortunately the list doesn't contain Config Store type applications.

Does anyone know if there is a way to retrieve the list of Config Store applications?

I found in the database what I was looking for, but obviously I would like to use the object model instead of querying the database myself.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:33 PM

Answers

• One question I would ask is if you have tried using the SSOMapper class of both of the SSO Interop assemblies? One helpful thing to do is look at the object explorer view for the Interops for SSO which are Microsoft.BizTalk.Interop.SSOClient and Microsoft.EnterpriseSingleSignOn.Interop.

Here is an excellent blog post on managing the SSO applications: http://seroter.wordpress.com/2007/09/21/biztalk-sso-configuration-data-storage-tool/. You can download the application shown in the article which gives you a useful tool for playing with the SSO APIs. On the command-line you can get a list of the applications via:

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On\ssomanage -listapps.

If the APIs in the InterOps do not give you want you are looking for, you could execute a process that runs the above command-line and appends to a file (>output.log) and then you could read from the file.

Another approach would be to call the stored procedure SSODB.dbo.ssox_spGetApplications although this is basically just querying the table.

Thanks,

Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:29 PM