none
Is it possible to retrieve the image of a pushpin plus title? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a map containing a number of pushpins of various sorts - people, places. I can successfully use a combination of a variously-colored custom icons plus text to uniquely mark locations for each type of pushpin.

The nap is being displayed in a webbrowser in C# code. I'd like to create a (C#) datagrid that contains the appropriate icon plus a list of the names of the items on the map. User could click on the map for more detailed info, but this would provide a quick cross-reference. (Think of the lists of hotels shown by some of the travel sites, with a "labelled" pinpoint on the map for each hotel).

Is there a way to get the image of the labelled pint? I have the basic pushpin - after all, it's a custom icon - but can't figure out how to make the image in my datagrid match the image (pushpin + title) on the map.... Is this possible, or do I have to construct that from C# code?

Monday, April 9, 2012 4:26 AM

Answers

• Your post is a bit confusing. Not sure what you are looking to achieve. I assume you have a map with a bunch of pushpins that have a label on them (perhaps a number) and you want the same pushpin and label to show up in your datagrid. You won't be able to extract an image of the pushpin and label from the map, but can easily reconstruct this by overlaying text on top of an image of a pushpin. This can be done either by using .net drawing tools to create an image with the label drawn on it, or by simply overlaying a textbox on top of an image.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Friday, April 13, 2012 11:03 AM