none
Video Indexer Callback Client Identification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have already created an API to use Video Indexer as a Artificial Intelligence service and i'm getting really good insights from my videos via Video Indexer. The problem is that we needed to configure a callbackUrl to let Video Indexer knows an URL to send a POST request to our API when the video is ready so we can store the data we need from the video in a event-based mode.

We had to let our API available for the entire internet to make this callbackUrl works, since Video Indexer will only be able to send a POST request when it's made available. We need to make our API private, being only available to Video Indexer and any other internal APIs that we connect it to, but to make it available to Video Indexer we need any form of identification like a IP or IP Range for Video Indexer to make our API more secure.

How can i find the IP or IP Range information from Video Indexer API ? If there's another form of identification that i could use to make this works i'll be glad to know.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:45 AM

All replies

• A solution would be to create a logic app that is used for the call back by Video Indexer. Then in the logic app, you call your API. With this method, you will know the potential IP adresses of the logic app as they are exposed in the properties of the logic app.

In the logic app, use a HTTP trigger. And to get the video ID and pass it to you API, use the syntax 

triggerOutputs()['queries']['id']

Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:09 AM
  • I'm getting this error when using the triggerOutputs()['queries']['id']

Imagem

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:22 PM
  • Also, when calling the app i get another error

Imagem

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:22 PM
  • Hello, I don't see the screen captures. Can you send them to me :  xpouyat @ microsoft.com ?

Thanks

Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:42 AM