Role Of ItemMetadata.xml in infopath forms RRS feed

• Question

• hi friends,
    i didn't understand the concept of itemmetadata.xml in infopath forms, i created custom workflows and deployed on moss. but till now i didn't use this xml file,

any one plz explain brief, i read some articles, but i didn't understand how the communication between two forms exists through this xml file?

both of my forms contains instructions field, in one form,i enter the instructions and when i open the second form i am able to see the instructions given in first form.

any ideas highly appreciated.

thanks

Monday, May 7, 2007 11:43 AM

All replies

• ItemMetadata.xml is the mechanism by which a Sharepoint Task passes its field values to the corresponding IP form to be displayed/edited.  It is configured as a secondary data source in IP, but the file itself is not used directly.  It only establishes a schema that IP expects to receive from SharePoint.

-Dave

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 3:31 AM
  • thanks dave,
    i configured everything fine, but in from1 i added instructions, but in form2 i m not able to see it, what could be the issue

thanks
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 6:20 AM
  • oh my god,

i wasted lot of time on this.

it's really eating my mind.

i read all articles, but i didn't get it work.

any ideas where i wrong

tell me all possible ways
    thanks
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:24 PM
  • Check to make sure ItemMetadata.xml is named exactly this.  Note it is case sensitive.
    Friday, May 18, 2007 4:57 AM
  • thanks for your reply,

yes, i know it is case sensitive.

i tried lot times by creating different forms and different xml files, but no time it was came. The importance of the itemmetadata.xml is explained here .

thanks

Friday, May 18, 2007 6:47 AM