HTML Editor for VB.net RRS feed

• Question

• User475570419 posted

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a free HTML Editor control?  I am having a hard time finding one.   I know I am asking the world, but one that is not that hard to configure.  Help as always is appreciated.

Thank you,

Bob

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:29 PM

Answers

• User-271186128 posted

Hi Bob,

I did put it in there but I am getting an error about the sanitizer is not configured in the web.config file.  Either install the AjaxControlToolKit.htmleditor.sanitizer NuGet package or set the EnableSatnizitaton property to False(insecure).  What is your suggestion?

I suggest you could refer to the following steps:

You will need to download the HtmlAgilityPack.dll from the following download location.

Next you need add the following Section in the ConfigSections tag of the Web.Config file. 

Finally you need to place the following Sanitizer tag in the System.Web section of the Web.Config file. 

After completion of the above steps, the Web.Config file should look as below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="system.web">

<section name="sanitizer" requirePermission="false"

type="AjaxControlToolkit.Sanitizer.ProviderSanitizerSection, AjaxControlToolkit" />

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

</assemblies>

</compilation>

<sanitizer defaultProvider="HtmlAgilityPackSanitizerProvider">

<providers>

<add name="HtmlAgilityPackSanitizerProvider" type="AjaxControlToolkit.Sanitizer.HtmlAgilityPackSanitizerProvider"></add>

</providers>

</sanitizer>

</system.web>

</configuration>

More details, see:

http://www.aspsnippets.com/Articles/AJAX-Control-Toolkit-HtmlEditorExtender-Sanitizer-provider-is-not-configured-in-the-WebConfig-file.aspx

https://forums.asp.net/t/1824233.aspx

Best regards,
    Dillion

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 2:15 AM

All replies

• User2053451246 posted

Do you mean a WYSIWYG editor that runs in the end-user's browser?  If yes than mentioning VB.Net is irrelevant.  Editors run in the browser.

Try CKEditor:

http://ckeditor.com/

Basically no configuration necessary.  Install it using NuGet Package Manager.  Add the script references to pages that will use it and add a css class of "ckeditor" to the textareas you want it applied to.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:56 PM
  • User-271186128 posted

Hi Bob,

As for this issue, if you are familiar with the AjaxControlToolkit, you could try to use AJAX Control Toolkit HtmlEditorExtender, more details about how to use it, please refer to these links:

http://www.aspsnippets.com/Articles/ASPNet-AJAX-Control-Toolkit-HtmlEditorExtender-Example.aspx

Besides, you could also try to use WYSIWYG html editor for .NET

Best regards,
    Dillion

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:48 AM
  • User475570419 posted

Zhi,

I completely forgot about that.  Thank you.  I did put it in there but I am getting an error about the sanitizer is not configured in the web.config file.  Either install the AjaxControlToolKit.htmleditor.sanitizer NuGet package or set the EnableSatnizitaton property to False(insecure).  What is your suggestion?

Thank you

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:04 PM
  • User-271186128 posted

Hi Bob,

I did put it in there but I am getting an error about the sanitizer is not configured in the web.config file.  Either install the AjaxControlToolKit.htmleditor.sanitizer NuGet package or set the EnableSatnizitaton property to False(insecure).  What is your suggestion?

I suggest you could refer to the following steps:

You will need to download the HtmlAgilityPack.dll from the following download location.

Next you need add the following Section in the ConfigSections tag of the Web.Config file. 

Finally you need to place the following Sanitizer tag in the System.Web section of the Web.Config file. 

After completion of the above steps, the Web.Config file should look as below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="system.web">

<section name="sanitizer" requirePermission="false"

type="AjaxControlToolkit.Sanitizer.ProviderSanitizerSection, AjaxControlToolkit" />

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

</assemblies>

</compilation>

<sanitizer defaultProvider="HtmlAgilityPackSanitizerProvider">

<providers>

<add name="HtmlAgilityPackSanitizerProvider" type="AjaxControlToolkit.Sanitizer.HtmlAgilityPackSanitizerProvider"></add>

</providers>

</sanitizer>

</system.web>

</configuration>

More details, see:

http://www.aspsnippets.com/Articles/AJAX-Control-Toolkit-HtmlEditorExtender-Sanitizer-provider-is-not-configured-in-the-WebConfig-file.aspx

https://forums.asp.net/t/1824233.aspx

Best regards,
    Dillion

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 2:15 AM
  • User475570419 posted

Thank you for your help.  That worked out perfectly.   Not a bad little HTML Editor.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:19 PM