Thoughts on windows 8 so far

General discussion

• I have installed windows 8 developer preview on my laptop since the day it came out. I have not had any issues with it. It works flawlessly for me. What I can't help wondering is how quickly I have gone back to the way I do things in windows 7. I hardly use the metro UI. The minute I login, I open desktop and do windows key +2 (launches firefox). I have a couple of shortcuts like that which are frequent for me. I like the idea of the metro UI, but I am a heavy keyboard user. I have always loved and apperciated a dedicated to keyboard freindly interface of microsoft programmers. I am afraid the new generation of "apps" and software see touch as a cool option and more marketable. I just wonder how this will pan out in the end.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 9:24 PM

All replies

• I'm testing Windows 8 Developer Preview in a virtual machine and I think that the new Metro UI is something very unusual and requires training for any keyboard user, like me: I always use any kind of Windows shortcut and the Windows 8 UI seems to change too much the way we are used to work with the system.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Friday, September 23, 2011 9:51 PM