none
Microsoft visual basic for Excel - HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to run a program for work on an excel document we use each year. When I click on the Confidential Link I keep getting the following:

"Can not run the macro "2015.xls'!Passoword'

The guy that wrote this is no longer with us, I've searched for this macro but don't find it. I can overcome the problem by going into Developer/macros and making the "password" macro run. But I need to fix the sheet and can't find where it is asking for what is above...any suggestions please?

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:20 PM

Answers

• >>>I'm trying to run a program for work on an excel document we use each year. When I click on the Confidential Link I keep getting the following:

"Can not run the macro "2015.xls'!Passoword'<<<

According to your description, you run a macro that is in another workbook, so I suggest that you could to determine whether macros have been disabled, follow these steps:

1.Click the Microsoft Office button, and then click Excel Options.
    2.Click Trust Center.
    3.Click Trust Center Settings.
    4.Click Macro Settings.

In addition could you find 2015.xls file? if you could find 2015.xls file, you could try like below:

Application.Run "'2015.xls'!Demo"

For more information, click here to refer about Error message when you click buttons for macros in the Excel 2007 Quick Access Toolbar: "Cannot run the macro"

Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:07 AM